1. Southern Charm is real - everyone is nice.
2. Cigarette butts line the roadway like confetti after a celebration.
3. People still flick their cigarettes out the window - one of them almost hitting me as I walked.
4. They still ask you if you prefer smoking or non smoking when being seated in a restaurant.
5. There are a lot of churches here, some of them are huge; most are Baptist.
6. There is a lot of talent in my brother's family and in their church - maybe in all of Missouri!!
7. My sister-in-law makes a great Christmas dinner and the kids all pitch in - from cookies to clean up.
8. It's cold here and the wind blows most of the time, bringing the temp down another 10 degrees
9. I had to buy another space heater to keep my pipes thawed out, but then my black/gray valves froze.
10. There was a great walking trail for me and Cooper, thank God, because the roadways don't have shoulders or bike paths.
11. The McDonald's across the street always has a line at the drive-through ~ even on Christmas.
12. My brother's family is kind, smart, talented and growing up fast.
Christmas Dinner - 2010