It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



June 30, 2010

Pictures

I'm back in. Girdwood, this time at the public library, which was closed the other day. Girdwood is about 15 miles from where we're camped so we have to plan a bit in order to make the trip here. Today has been the first day it hasn't rained in a few days and it's nice to see the sun. We're hoping it will clear up enough to take the tram up the mountain to get a few pictures but it doesn't look promising. In the meantime I'll post a few that I've already taken of the surrounding area.
This is where we're parked - very clean, well maintained campground without hookups.

A homestead in Hope, AK

The following are along the Trail of Blue Ice - right outside my door!








These are pictures of a typical morning on Turnagain Arm:

This next one is Portage Lake and Glacier:
The following are Byron Glacier and the short walk we took to get there:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Sherri!! I love the new pictures and the posts! AK is so beautiful! I can't wait to read the new posts to the kids and show them the new pictures. They will be so thrilled, especially Robert who is all about nature!! We love you!! Take care and can't wait until the next post! Happy 4th of July!! (Well, in a few hours.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Aunt Sherri, we just heard on the news some bicyclists were attacked by a momma grizzly protecting her babies in Hope!! Be careful!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete