It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



February 05, 2009

Let me Introduce Myself

I've never blogged before! I've never even posted anything. In fact, I could be considered a "lurker" in web-talk. I lurk all over the Internet on any site that has to do with RV travel, full-timing, retiring, simplicity.

My goal is to downsize my life, sell the house, sell the stuff , quit my job, purchase a small class C or B+ RV, and hit the road - just to see where it takes me. This new adventure is exciting and scary all at the same time, which leads me to why I started a blog. I would be considered by some to be an organized person and as such it's my wish to create a documented memory of what will hopefully be a very enlightening time in my life. It may be bumpy in spots, it may be smooth as silk, it may have loneliness or it may have opportunity to meet many wonderful people along the way. But through out it all, it will be my adventure to remember and tell.
I've lived over a half century now, and at times I feel like I'm just a new born babe, feeling my way, trying to make sense of it all. There are days that I am so excited to begin and others when I have doubt and fear of whether I'll be able to do this on my own. I find it's best if I just break down the insurmountable into small, manageable goals. That way I'm not as overwhelmed with the negative voice inside my head that tells me I shouldn't do this - "you're not old enough," "you're a single woman who has never motor-homed in her life", "you're leaving a job that pays your bills," "what if you don't like it", what if, what if, what if.....see why I break it down into little pieces? Otherwise I'm frozen in fear, unable to move, full of doubt.
There's another tiny, but very compelling voice deep inside (the one that I try to listen to) that says to me, "Right or wrong, good or bad, it will be okay, just believe, have faith and trust in the unknown." Trust in a Power greater than myself to lead the way.
A favorite quote comes to mind - "Leap, and the net will appear." Today I leap - today I venture out into the unknown world of blogging. I hope I make many friends along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment