It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



July 19, 2010

Eagles

07.17.10

Today, while visiting at the Robert Service campground, I was asked if I'd seen the eagle's nest yet. According to the local newspaper, in July of 2006, a passerby rescued two eaglets floundering on the ground below their nest, which was damaged during a rainstorm. Conservation officers and Yukon Electric officials restored the nest, wiring it to the tree and returning the young birds safely to their home.In 2007 volunteers erected a new nest at the site in order to give the birds a more secure home, should they return to the city.

It's my belief that the eagles have been returning to this site every year since to nest.
The nesting site is in plain view, near a vehicle rest area on the south access road into Whitehorse.


No comments:

Post a Comment