It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



August 19, 2009

Shakespeare and Wine

Last weekend I went to see "As You Like It" presented by the Willamette Shakespeare players at the picturesque Stoller Vineyards in Dayton, Oregon. I went to the 2pm showing on Sunday afternoon and it was sunny and warm with a view of the vineyards and the valley below....a truly inspirational place for Shakespeare!

DG and I brought our lawn chairs, sunscreen, cooler stocked with food and then we bought a bottle of Stoller cabernet to share while we sat back and enjoyed it all. We were not disappointed in either the wine or the play!

Ryan, my son Justin's good friend, headed the cast as Orlando, son of Sir Rowland de Boys. The play was clever and funny and the cast very talented and entertaining.

They're presenting this play at a few other venues in the area during the month of August and I'm hoping to go again, this time at night. I think it's well worth another round.

No comments:

Post a Comment