It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



July 17, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth


Recently I went to Disneyland. For me, it's always been a land of creativity & magic...a place where dreams come true, a place where you can always feel like a child with all the wonderment and excitement that comes with being in such a magical place. I've never even considered that someone would actually hate Disneyland. Does it depend on how and where you were raised as a child? Does it depend on whether or not you had a happy childhood? Maybe it does. After all, my memories of Sunday night with Disney and Disneyland are filled with the magic, the romanticism, the creativity, the dreams of childhood. If I grew up without all that, would I still feel the same about Disneyland? I really hope I would. I hope it's the core of who I am inside and not my background and how I was raised.

To me, it's not just about your past....it's about all that can be in the future. It's about believing in magic & innocence & fairytales and that life is a good place. For a time, while walking the streets of Disneyland, I can believe in all that. Don't we need a magical & happy place we can go to from time to time?

I know that Disneyland is crowded and that there can be cranky children (and adults) all around me. I know that Disneyland can be an expensive place. I know that I can stand in line 60 minutes for a 3 minute ride. I know all that. But for me, right in the middle of Aneheim, outside of Los Angeles, California sits a few acres of "magic" and "wonder" and "fantasy" and for a little piece of time, Disneyland transports me to a place of innocence, fairytales, wide-eyed wonder, and most importantly, childlike laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment