It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny

This is my blog about life - travel - new experiences - growth.
Please join me in my journey.......



April 27, 2010

New Things

Okay….I found out a few new things about my motorhome today. First – I DO have a bi-pass valve in my motorhome and that’s why my hot water heater wasn’t working. The water heater didn’t have any water in it! It took a new temperature sensor and a lot of time and effort on the part of my dad to figure it out. We finally found the bi-pass valve behind the drawer underneath the stove. I finally have hot water again! Second, I didn’t know that I could run the furnace when I’m boondocking (or NOT hooked up to shore power). I happen to have a catalytic heater so I thought it was that or nothing. Imagine my delight when I found out I could just get up and turn the furnace on whenever I’m not hooked up to shore power. If I’m warm, I’m a very happy camper!! Two wonderful new discoveries today!!


This afternoon dad and I took a two mile hike to Cape Arago. The sky cleared up around 1pm and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

 I have one more day to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the coastal trail views. I was going to leave on Saturday and (maybe) take two days to get home but Charleston is having an oyster feed on Saturday from noon – 4pm – all you can eat local oysters! I’m very tempted to stay one more night and go chow down. Yummo!! I think I’ll go downtown tomorrow and see what it’s all about……



No comments:

Post a Comment